Friday, August 2, 2013

This is not GoodBye!


To all my wonderful students,

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer!  The most unexpected thing happened to me…my family went for an admission interview for my son’s new school and by the end of the interview, my son was accepted and they offered me a job!  I was not expecting to be offered a job, nor was I looking for one, but the idea of working in the same school that my son will attend is an offer that was hard to refuse.  After weeks of praying and thinking about what is best for my family, we decided that I should take the job.  As a result, I will not be returning to teach at WOHS.

I have enjoyed teaching all of you. It has been both a rewarding and memorable experience. Also, I am forever thankful for all the lessons I learned from my students.  It has always been my dream to travel the world, but I didn’t have to do so…you, my students, brought the world to my classroom.  I enjoyed getting to know each of you and your cultures; an experience that will forever be in my heart. 

Working at West Orange High School as an ESL and Freshman Seminar teacher, I have also learned much about myself. I realized that having worked with students such as you is a great blessing and I hope that all my students from WOHS continue to grow in positive directions.

With great dismay, I must say goodbye for now but not forever and with much respect, I have appreciated the opportunity that was given to me in being your teacher.   I also want everyone one of you to know that I prayed for you daily and genuinely cared for you, even when you weren’t at your best.  In my true Ms. Avila fashion, I wanted to leave you with a few words of wisdom:

1.      You were put on this Earth with a purpose, whether you do things that are big or small, you are important.

2.      Discipline yourself so others don’t have to do it for you.

3.      Every choice that you make will have a consequence.  Good choices lead to good consequences and bad choices lead to bad consequences…it is your choice.

4.      Happiness is only real when shared.

Finally, these are the words that I feel are the most important:

5.      Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Please keep in touch and let me know of all the great things you are doing…my new email is bavila4jc@gmail.com. 

Sincerely,
Ms. Avila

No comments:

Post a Comment